Job Title: Legal Intern
Internship Length: 1 semester
Hours Per Week: 12-16
Population: Foster children and children at risk of entering foster care
Focus: Marketing and fundraising development
Setting: Advokids’ office
Advokids is a nonprofit organization in Corte Madera, CA providing legal guidance and support to California foster parents, relative caregivers, and anyone else advocating for a foster child. Advokids operates the only free telephone hotline for foster child advocates in California and maintains a comprehensive, educational website that provides tools, court forms, and information to encourage and empower anyone concerned about a child in foster care or a child at risk of entering foster care.
Advokids is looking for a student to assist with our legal needs and endeavors. We are looking for someone who is research oriented and has strong writing skills. The legal intern will become well versed in Juvenile Dependency Law and will work closely with our directors and staff attorneys.
- Legal research and writing to enhance and expand legal content on our website
- Assist with telephone hotline case intake
- General legal staff support
- Candidate should have an interest in child welfare practice and reform and a working knowledge of legal concepts and terminology as well as legal research methods and techniques
- Recent Law Graduate (0-3 Years) OR experienced Attorney (4+ Years)
To apply please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.