If you wish to access the Juvenile court, and intend to proceed without an attorney, the state provides forms for you to use. Advokids provides guidelines and instructions about how to use and file the state approved forms. Please note that all forms linked below can be filled out online and printed out.


Request to Change Court Order (JV-180, JV-182, JV-183, JV-184, JV-185)


Request Child’s Protection Through Juvenile Court


Submitting Information About the Child to the Court


Request Confidentiality


Caregiver Information


De Facto Parent


Prospective Adoptive Parent


Proof of Service


Forms in Other Languages




Foster Home Assessment


Sample Cover Letter for Clerk




California Courts

Legal Disclaimer: Advokids provides educational information and resources to those who use our website, call our hotline, or submit requests for information via the website. Any information provided may not be construed as the giving of legal advice to any person about a particular legal matter and should not be relied upon as the basis for taking a particular action or refraining from taking a particular action in any legal matter. If you want or need legal advice about a particular legal matter, you should consult a lawyer.

5643 Paradise Drive, Suite 12B, Corte Madera, CA 94925  •  415.924.0587

11833 Mississippi Ave. 1st floor, Los Angeles, CA 90025


Copyright 2021 All Rights Reserved | Advokids:  A Legal Resource for California Foster Children and Their Advocates