Foster Youth Training
Advokids offers foster youth a course that explains their legal rights while in foster care and the rights and choices they have once they have turned 18.
Please contact our office if you are interested in scheduling a training in your county. Call 1.415.924.0587 or contact us here at Advokids.
What I Need to Know about Foster Care
- Foster Youth Rights (safety, medical coverage, education, drivers license, court hearings, etc.)
- Getting involved in your case plan (access to forms and information)
- What to do if your foster youth rights are being ignored
- How and when to leave the foster care system
- How to start a Transitional Independent Living Plan (TILP)
- How to reenter foster care
- What happens when foster youth age out of the system
For further information, or to schedule a training, please contact us.
Legal Disclaimer: Advokids provides educational information and resources to those who use our website, call our hotline, or submit requests for information via the website. Any information provided may not be construed as the giving of legal advice to any person about a particular legal matter and should not be relied upon as the basis for taking a particular action or refraining from taking a particular action in any legal matter. If you want or need legal advice about a particular legal matter, you should consult a lawyer.
Mailing List Signup
Join the Advokids mailing list and stay connected to our work to fight for the right of every child in California to safety, security, and a permanent home.
5643 Paradise Drive, Suite 12B
Corte Madera, CA 94925
11833 Mississippi Ave., 1st floor
Los Angeles, CA 90025